Sunday, March 10, 2013

Draw near

Hebrews 10:5-7

5 Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said, "Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired, but a body have you prepared for me;

6 in burnt offerings and sin offerings you have taken no pleasure.

7 Then I said, 'Behold, I have come to do your will, O God, as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.''

Lately Micaiah has been asking a lot about wanting to see God and what Jesus's body looks like. His mind is so filled with wonder as he is taking in new ideas and learning from mommy and daddy. They are taking so much in on a day to day basis I forgot how much little phrases and short teachings stick to their memories.

For example: our church just finished up 1Corinthians 12,13, and 14 as we will begin to put into practice the spiritual gifts during our Sunday morning service. 2 weeks ago we discussed tongues and prophecy. After the service the kids and I did a Costco run. We were passing by these 2 Chinese ladies having a discussion (in their language) as we were leaving and addy stopped me and said "mommy mommy look speaking in tongues" Oh my goodness!!!!! I love her!! I could not stop giggling over this :) As she sits with us each Sunday she is listening and these truths are sticking she just needs the shepherding of her parents to expound on it in a way she understands.

Ok. Sorry, I just had to share that.

Alright, lets keep going! When I was meditating on these verses above it reminded me of the sweet conversations that have been going on between Mac and I.

When the Son of God came to earth he came with a body that was prepared for him from the foundations of the world. Literally the Hebrew text reads "ears you have dug for me." He was the slaughtered lamb of God who would take away the sins of the world. Jesus Christ would put on flesh. 100% God 100% man. He would endure suffering and sorrow. Shame and rejection. Sadness and loss. Immense pain and abandonment. He became our sin so that we could become the righteousness of God. Perfect obedience to the will of God.

This perfect obedience paved a way for us to draw near to the throne of grace with confidence. Our long record of sin nailed into the precious hands of our Savior.

 

Oh to be able to draw near!

Draw near when our lips want to simply sing his praise

Draw near when distractions seems to be pulling us away from our Lord

Draw near when sorrow and pain seem like it won't cease

Draw near when our fuse is so short with our children just one more thing is going to send you flying over the edge.

Draw near for discernment in decisions for your life/families life

Draw near to a God who is "slow to anger and abounding in love" when we need his forgiveness

 

Oh to be able! As I write this for me personally I am so so thankful to be able to draw near to Him when sadness overwhelms my soul. His closeness is what gives me rest. We dwell in the shelter of the Most High. Psalm 91:1-2.

This week I know at least for me there will be things that will try to steal my attention and pull me away from that resting place rather than sink deeper into it. In everything may we seek to draw nearer and deeper!

Thanks for dropping in!

Steph

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment